Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Venus vs Mars


Robert Kagan Protests: Neocons are Not Vampires and Werewolves
By Steven Clemons
Washington Note, May 7, 2008

A short reply by Con George-Kotzabasis

The European neo-realists and liberal internationalists and their American cognates, “dropping the guns” and taking, like grannies, needles in their hands to knit silk ties for their confreres the neocons for the purpose of “needling” them, will go down in history as the court jesters in the intellectual realm of the neoconservatives. It’s the latter with a deep sense of history that are aware of the great threat that fanatical Islam poses to civilization and which only a Mars can neutralize.

Clemons supinely reclines exhausted in his Venus boudoir while the civilized world is threatened with burning in the absence of a Mars. And the little energy he still has uses it to weave metaphors mocking the neocons. Indeed, the war against the jihadists will be won by the Metaphor Special Forces.

P.S. You have to read the article published in the Washington Note to see the meaning of the puns above. http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/

Steve Clemons May 8

George — obviously we disagree, but I do greatly admire your sense of humor and ability to engage now and then on a fun/ironic level now and then unlike some of my other regular commenters.
Hope are well — and thanks for link and comments, as always,

Steve

kotzabasis May 8th, 2008 11:44 pm

My dear Steve-thank you for your generous words. But I have to warn you:The nobility of spirit that you are endowed with some of your supporters are hankering to place on their “revolutionary” tumbril.

My best wishes too,

George

1 comment:

Selerines said...

Hi friend... I am from India. Your blog looks pretty cool and nice. I am interested to share my link with you. Are you interested my friend? Please visit my “Selerines World” blog frequently and keep in touch there!!!! In that blog we will share our views about the international issues and problems. I hope you will accept my request. If you are interested, then please comment in my blog. Thank you!!!!